Application Deadline March 2, 2018. For CPAT information go to http://kyfirecommission.kctcs.edu/Fire_Commission_Programs/CPAT.aspx.
Serving the community for 150 years, the Owensboro Fire Department seeks to create a work environment and organizational culture that reflects the society and community in which we live and one that creates a climate for the success of each and every member by providing for and appreciating the skills and knowledge that they bring to the Department.
Our hiring needs vary from year to year, but one thing remains the same–we want the best individuals possible to carry on our tradition of excellence in fire and emergency services.
If this sounds like a career for you, we encourage you to follow the links below to learn more about us and our hiring process.
- Firefighter Job Description PDF (682 kB)
- 2018 Firefighter Job Posting PDF (361 kB)
- 2018 Firefighter Position Information PDF (114 kB)
- Job Application
- Candidate Physical Ability Test (CPAT)
- Oral Exam Guide PDF (17 kB)
- Written Exam Guide PDF (126 kB)
- Drug and Alcohol Policy PDF (151 kB)
- Benefit Information PDF (88 kB)
- Vacation Accrual PDF (45 kB)
- Health Plan PDF (41 kB)
Candidate Physical Ability Test
The Owensboro Fire Department uses the Candidate Physical Ability Test© (CPAT) during the hiring Process. Potential applicants are encouraged to review the test information and preparation materials on this website.
The Fire Service Joint Labor Management Wellness/Fitness Initiative Candidate Physical Ability Test© consists of eight separate events. The CPAT is a sequence of events requiring the candidate to progress along a predetermined path from event to event in a continuous manner (see layout). This test was developed to allow fire departments a means for obtaining pools of trainable candidates who are physically able to perform essential job tasks at fire scenes.
- CPAT Preparation Guide PDF (773 kB)
- Preparation Orientation Guide PDF (103 kB)
- CPAT Preparation Tips PDF (961 kB)
See below for a playlist of videos of the eight separate events.